Name 7 cool facts about York that you think most people don’t know.
- York University, established in 1959, is now Canada’s third largest university
- The Health, Nursing, & Environmental Studies Building is actually the former location of Schulich School of Business – Schulich made the move to its new building in 2003.
- Glendon was the first York University campus, and was actually purchased for $1 from the University of Toronto!
- Various Movies & Television shows, such as The Time Traveller’s Wife (2009), American Psycho 2: All American Girl (2002), and “Free Fallin’, Parts 1 & 2,” were filmed exclusively at the Glendon Campus.
- Every year that York University has been open, it has had some kind of construction going on – basically, the university is always changing!
- York University has been listed as one of Canada’s greenest employers for 2013 – it has also been ranked as Canada’s greenest university for two years in a row, and the 14th greenest university in Canada in 2011.
- York University’s Life Sciences Building was voted one of the five best new buildings in Toronto by Blog TO in 2013.
Do you know a cool fact about York University? Submit it to me so I can show it off on my blog!